Fun and Unexpected uses for Hoverboards
Today we’re talking about fun and unexptected uses and reviews of hoverboards from back in 2016 all the way up to Labor Day 2017.
Now for the best Swagtron hoverboard review I can give you, I need to break it down by hoverboard model, but I will tell you right now, that hands down, the All terrain hoverboard, the T6 is already my vote for product of the Year. And for good reason.
Since I first stepped onto the T6, I’ve been addicted to it’s power and usefulness, plus it adds a solid 4″ to my height making me 6’4″ when ordering hot dogs and ice cream at the beach from the boardwalk.
What’s so much different about this model from the competitors and everything else?
The wonderful T6 and it’s many not so obvious uses.
1) As a chair.
For real. When you are tired, prop it up on one-wheel sideways and you can sit on it, rather comfortably. Throw your hoodie over it for even more comfort. The mad strength (over 400lbs weight certified) means you can lean on it and not worry about bending the axle. It also swivels, kinda like a bar stool, and it’s the perfect height.
2) As a guitarist’s stool to perform from:
I had a gig and knew that if I sat on the hoverboard, the guitar would be at the same height as our rehearsal.
Also it got me TO the gig.
3) As a bar stool
- Where festival bars exist with limited stools… roll up and have a seat!
4) As an art car additional roving stool
- This means when traveling across a festival on a car designed to carry people, if you have your hoverboard, you can sit down on it and not have to stand
- Very helpful at burning man
- Not all festivals allow hoverboards yet
5) As a mode of transporting water and fuel long distances!
- Carrying water on the T6 all terrain hoverboard is very easy, just balance your load so each arm has the same amount of weight. PULLING a wagon is even easier.
6) As a portable snack table! I just love how easily these things can be put up on one wheel to do many things, even spin around on!
7) It’s ability to travel miles without a recharge and how well it handles off road dirt and sand. Thus as the very best way (if you can ride one…easy, just need a few hours of practice to get the hang of it) to get to a porta-potty without having to move your legs very much, if at all. Trust me! LOL.
Now, moving on, there are all types of hover boards out there, the best hoverboard, the cheapest hoverboard and the hoverboard for sale at big box retailers. The real question is what is it you are looking for, that will work best for you and your needs. If you are buying for your child, then it’s best that they can try out the different kinds before buying, but this is not always the case. I suggest looking at our product page videos to get a solid idea of which product will work best for your child based on what you see.
You can look at the T3 hoverboard, which is our High End, Bluetooth Enabled, LED lights and App-Controllable, where you can set beginner, standard and advanced modes. You can play any music from your phone on the solid high end T3 model and the battery life is quite dependable. The 5 blue dots represent 20% of battery life, and it generally lasts about 3-4 hours.
If you want to spend a little less and this is more for in the home, less out of the home use, the T1 and T5 hoverboards will suit very well to a youngster who wants to ride, perhaps around the backyard and in the driveway. Be very careful around vehicles in the driveway and near roadways. Be sure to wear a helmet at all times and especially when anyone is trying for the first time. Be mindful that first time riders could fall in any direction, so don’t start near a picnic table or benches with corners that could be fallen backwards into. These are relatively safe, and new riders can try squatting down to get used to the motion of moving with the feet. It just takes some practice.
There is an optional handle for the hoverboard, if you really want something to hang on to. I find that the handle could be easily skipped by most skateboarders or scooter riders, but good for non-riders who are trying hoverboards without any skatepark experience on other rideables, electric or non-electric.
It’s likely best to avoid used or auctioned hoverboards for sale online due to not knowing if they are actually UL 2272 certified or what else they may have already endured.
Here’s some final quick buyer tips:
- Always beware of non-official used products.
- Refurbished SWAGTRON:
- Official stock
- Online Support
- SWAGTRON is UL Listed
- UL Listed?
- Recertified or brand new out of the box.
- SWAGTRON is UL Listed,
- learn more about UL on our UL Listed pages.
Get your own self balancing scooter today!