So, you’ve taken the plunge into adding some outdoor activity to your life. You even deserve extra kudos for incorporating technology with fitness by investing in a SWAGTRON® electric scooter.
The thing is, though, if you want to retain your street cred, you’ll also need to clean your electric scooter on a routine basis. Performing regular maintenance not only keeps it looking its best but also helps preserve optimal performance.
Basic Steps for Cleaning Your Electric Scooter
Whether you’ve decided to give SWAGTRON a try as a commuter eScooter, a go-to resource for easy on-campus transportation or as a kids’ kick scooter, you’ll need to practice the same basic cleaning guidelines.
It’s not difficult. But setting up a regular schedule will help you remember each step and practice it with care. The idea is to incorporate cleaning into your riding routine. Remember, there’s a fine line between riding in a classic vehicle that inspires awe and one that causes onlookers to gasp in shock.
It doesn’t take much to keep your scooter clean and dust-free. You can keep your supplies in a well-organized spot that won’t take up much space.
- Two buckets: they can be any size; one is for warm, soapy water, and the other is for clean water
- Mild dish soap
- Long-bristle unused paintbrush
- Three microfiber cloths
Clean Your eScooter in 7 Easy Steps
- Cover the battery charger port and wrap the speed control components with waterproof material.
- Combine dish soap with lukewarm water in one bucket, and fill the other with only lukewarm water for rinsing.
- Wipe down the handle grips and controllers with a dry microfiber cloth. They don’t get too dirty as a general rule; however, if they appear to have some build-up, use a slightly damp cloth to wipe it away carefully.
- Wipe down the footrest, suspension, kickstand, fenders and lights with a soapy cloth first and rinse it with a damp cloth from the clean water bucket.
- Wipe away excess debris from the deck and tires using the brush.
- Use a damp soapy cloth to wash off your electric scooter’s wheels, deck, tires and brakes. Follow it up with a rinse of clean water using a soft damp cloth.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to dry each of the areas thoroughly. It preserves the effectiveness of the components and eliminates surface water.
Routine Maintenance for Your SWAGTRON eScooter
Whether you’ve opted for a Swagger 5 Elite electric scooter that easily folds for the city commute, or your kids seem to be permanently connected to the Swagger SK1 electric scooter, you’ll want to keep it running and looking its best.
Monthly cleaning is really all that’s necessary with regular use. After you’ve wiped your scooter down, it’s also a good time to check some key areas to make sure they’re functioning at peak performance.
- Check bolts, brake disc pads, cables and screws to ensure they’re tight with proper movement.
- Check the tire pressure.
Check out the video we made for a better understanding on general maintenance tips for the Swagger 5 Elite.
If you are a bit of a daredevil and enjoy those off or on-pavement feats, such as high jumps and hard landings, you may decide to forgo the typical street model and move right into the SWAGTRON KR-1 all-terrain dirt stunt scooter.
Appropriate for teens and adults, this eScooter is fully capable of maneuvering through loose gravel, dirt tracks and bumpy trails without a hitch. It offers a wide 5-inch deck, chrome Y-bar riser handles and extra-large 8-inch knobbly tires for gripping off-road terrain. SWAGTRON definitely offers the adventurers among us a chance to live out loud.
You may be wondering what the added and more robust usage means in the cleaning department. Ok, that thought may not occur to you until after you’ve tackled the dirt trail, but the result’s the same.
You’ll simply follow the same cleaning steps, but you should do so after each off-road excursion to keep the dirt from building up and affecting the electric scooter’s performance.
So, you may fashion yourself a sophisticate who efficiently commutes between classes on campus or opts for practical and economical transportation to the office, or you might be more of a rebel who lives to feel the wind on your face. Whatever your reason for investing in a SWAGTRON electric scooter, protect your transportation with a regular cleaning schedule.